Meet Claire Wood, MS, RDN
(Formerly Claire Haft)
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Hi, I’m Claire, a consultant, speaker, and former collegiate athlete.
I grew up playing sports, and have always had an interest in learning how the body works, how it responds to exercise, and how the foods we eat can directly impact how we feel. Growing up in California, I was surrounded by people who were living healthy and active lifestyles, so I was captivated at an early age.
I followed this passion and moved across the country to Washington, D.C. to get my Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science with a concentration in pre-dietetics. During that time, I was also playing Division 1 college soccer. With the inevitable demands of a college sport, I couldn’t help but focus on how much of a difference good nutrition made for my performance. I was living what I was learning, and my passion was growing.
I received a Masters in Science in Nutrition and Exercise Physiology from Teachers College, Columbia University, and soon after, became a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN).
In my years as an RDN, I’ve worked for startups in the nutrition space, worked in college athletics, published research and literature, and have built my own business working as a virtual dietitian consultant. I’ve expanded my consulting to website guidance as well, helping dietitians in the online community to grow their brands and reach a bigger audience.
Everyone should have access to nutrition information they can trust, which is what I have set out to achieve. My mission is to help other people as much as possible – so whether you’re a dietitian, business, or someone looking for health advice, I’m here to help you.
I Work With
Dietitians and Businesses
If you’re a dietitian or business looking for help with your day to day projects, website, and business, I’m here to help. Take a look at my services and schedule your free 20 minute discovery call today!
Nutrition is often the missing link for optimal health and performance. Whether you’re an athlete, coach, or a group looking for nutrition guidance, I provide nutrition lectures that will allow you to perform better and live a happier life.
- Masters of Science in Nutrition and Exercise Physiology, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Bachelor of Science, Exercise Science with pre-dietetics concentration, The George Washington University
- Working with start-up nutrition companies
- Working with dietitians
- Lecturing and counseling athletes and the general population
- Publishing and editing research and literature
- A Comparison of the Physiological Responses in Professional and Amateur Sports Car Racing Drivers, Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, Co-author
- The Plant-Based Boost, Nutrition Solutions for Athletes and Exercise Enthusiasts 2019, Senior Editor
- The Plant-Based Boost Cookbook, 100+ Recipes for Athletes and Exercise Enthusiasts 2019, Senior Editor